.biz Rapid Domain Compliance Process
.biz will protect the stability, integrity and security of the registry, its registrars, registrants and any Internet user in general and take preventive measures to avoid such situations with a Rapid Domain Compliance Process. The Rapid Domain Compliance Process is defined as a procedure to lock temporarily or permanently, take preventive action, or take ownership of a .biz Domain Name.
The Registry will perform this procedure that infringes or violates any of the terms, conditions, commitments or agreements that are established from the registry, its registrars and any registrant of a .biz domain.
The following are some (but not all) activities subject to verification for a takedown procedure:
- PHISHING: the attempt to acquire personally identifiable information by masquerading as a website other than your own.
- PHARMING: the redirection of Internet users to websites other than those the user intends to visit, usually through unauthorized changes to the Hosts file on a victim’s computer or DNS records in DNS servers.
- DISSEMINATION OF MALWARE: the intentional creation and distribution of “malicious” software designed to infiltrate a computer system without the owner’s consent, including, without limitation, computer viruses, worms, key loggers and Trojans.
- FAST FLUX HOSTING: a technique used to shelter Phishing, Pharming and Malware sites and networks from detection and to frustrate methods employed to defend against such practices, whereby the IP address associated with fraudulent websites are changed rapidly so as to make the true location of the sites difficult to find.
- BOTNETTING: the development and use of a command, agent, motor, service or software which is implemented: (1) to remotely control the computer or computer system of anInternet user without their knowledge or consent, (2) to generate direct denial of service (DDOS) attacks.
- MALICIOUS HACKING: the attempt to gain unauthorized access (or exceed the level of authorized access) to a computer, information system, user account or profile, database, or security system.
- SPAMMING: the use of messaging systems to send unsolicited messages.
- CHILD EXPLOITATION: the storage, publication, display and/or dissemination of materials depicting exploitation or abuse of individuals under the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction.
.biz reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to take any administrative and operational actions, as well as use computer forensics and information security technological services, in order to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or transaction related to a .biz domain name, as well as its “Rapid Takedown (RTD)”, for mitigation purposes.
Similarly, a .biz Domain Name Holder acknowledges and agrees that the .biz Registry reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or transaction, or place any Domain Name(s) on registry lock, hold or similar status, that it deems necessary, in its discretion: (a) to protect the integrity and stability of the registry; (b) to comply with any applicable laws, government rules or requirements, requests of law enforcement, or any dispute resolution process; (c) to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of Registry, as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and employees; (d) per the terms of the registration agreement; (e) to correct mistakes made by Registry or any Registrar in connection with a Domain Name registration; (f) to enforce the TLD Requirements; and (g) to prevent use of the Domain Name in a manner contrary to the intended purpose of the Registry TLD. Registry also reserves the right to lock, hold or place a similar status a Domain Name during resolution of a dispute.
The Registry shall have no liability to of any kind to a .biz Domain Name Holder, its customers, affiliates, service providers or any other party as a result of such denial, cancellation or transfer.